Habilitation, Empowerment & Accountability Therapy (H.E.A.T.) Training - Peachtree City, GA
The PinWheel Group, LLC.
A Social Justice Consulting Firm
Introducing a brand-new manualized treatment curriculum- H.E.A.T
This three-day, subject-matter training on the Habiitation, Empowerment and Accountability Therapy (H.E.A.T), a manualized and standardized curriculum. This treatment approach applies a holistic, Afro centric, strenghth based model that emphasizes a positive and engaging approach to treatment. It is closely modeled after Afro centric interventions that have previously been standardized and published in CSAP, CSAT and other publications (e.g., Burnett, 2008; Goddard, 1993; Philleo et al., 1997).
The holistic approach of H.E.A.T. focuses on treating the complete person by addressing spiritual, mental, emotional, physical, environmental, and experiential factors that influence one’s sense of self, behaviors and choices. The curriculum seeks to discover and treat the whole person by validating his life experiences and helping him to address and resolve emotional, psychological, environmental and experiential issues that have shaped his self-image, behavior and lifestyle choices.
- Understand the components of a manualized treatment model foucused on the substance abuse and criminal justice population with an urban approach.
- How to implement a holistic approach that is based on a cultural foundation.
- Strategies to retain and engage difficult populations with emphasis on African American Males in Drug Court.
Who Should Attend:
- Substance Abuse Treatment Providers
- Substance Abuse Treatment Providers in the Drug Court setting
Being familiarized with the content of these materials is strongly encouraged for this training. These materials will be referenced throughout the training.
- Watch the documentary "The House I Live In" (Eugene Jarecki, 2013)
2. Read the book The New Jim Crow ( Michelle Alexander, 2012)
How To Register: (Non-Georgia Drug Court Treatment Providers only)
- Complete this online registration form
- Submit a check for $625.00 by November 29, 2013
The PinWheel Group, LLC
310 Nicole Drive
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Registration fee also includes 1 facilitator's manual and 1 participant's manual from the HEAT curriculum.
LIKE US...Follow The PinWheel Group, LLC on Facebook for updates! https://www.facebook.com/pinwheelgroup
2443 Highway 54 West
Peachtree City, GA 30269